Life Lessons We Can
Learn from Butterflies
by Lanise Jacoby
We all need air, water, food, and shelter.
- You should never judge a butterfly by its chrysalis – the beauty inside all of us is far greater than our beauty on the outside.
- We come in many colors – all of them beautiful!
- We all come in different sizes.
- Even if you’re challenged you can soar (we had a butterfly with three wings fly off, to our delight!).
- We don’t all develop at the same rate. It may take you a little longer to get there, but you can still reach the same great heights!
- Nature has a grand plan – we need to respect it. Butterflies lay their eggs on what are considered to be weeds. The caterpillars will eat the weeds, keeping them from getting out of control.
No weeds – NO butterflies!
- It’s important to take time to smell the flowers – it could just be the nectar of your life!
Visit our Butterfly Blog
To our classroom website Window to Our World