|Use this widget from Scholastic to level children's books!
Our Second Grade Literacy Program consists of:To further enhance our program, we:
Children are expected to read for at least 20 minutes daily at home,
- have an extensive classroom Library Corner for self-selected reading
- enjoy "Study Buddies" for partner reading and other work
- incorporate Reader's Theater
- listen to stories at our Listening Center
- participate in Internet Projects with a literacy focus
(please see below)
and are encouraged to have library cards and use them frequently.
Why Read for 20 Minutes a Day?
ELL Resources provides resources for English Language Learners, along with all students.
For Massachusetts' ELA frameworks click here.
Please explore the links below to learn more
and view some of our many projects.